Old 08-31-2012, 07:18 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
Much better candidate for a hand crank with the spoked wheel! (Others have to be notched or drilled for the crank)

You'd just have to do a "motorectomy" and attach the crank.
Woot! Very good to know Charlee - thank you, you are always so quick and willing to help and I am grateful for it. I have learned so much here!

I picked up a nonworking machine years ago that actually got my gears turning about these things in the first place. It's GORGEOUS...all but the yellowing old decal that says it's an "Elite". I still haven't figured out who made this, I've never heard of an Elite machine. It looks like it's from the 40's to me. The wiring is SHOT to say the least. I wouldn't dare to even plug it in. Maybe that's the one I should make a hand crank.

Oh this is so catchy I tell you. I come on here for one thing - and when I get off I've got a thousand ideas in my head for other things to do! Lol* I love the possibilities!

Edited to add: ..and I just ran into the other room to see if the Elite had a spoked wheel and it does not. Hahaha This is the kind of week I'm having!

Last edited by pumpkinpatchquilter; 08-31-2012 at 07:22 PM.