View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:20 AM
leaha

lindad1966 a warm welcome from from western Ky! I had the Pfaff 1229 for mANY years and I never had a lick of trouble with it, it is a real work horse, my sister talked me out of it and she does all her piecing on it now. (I use one of my Pfaffs 7570s (have 3) for most of my piecing now, but I still miss the 1229.) The IDT makes for great even feed of both , or all 3 layers, and for slip slidie fabric. If I had the chance to get another one would do so in a heart beat! Great machine!! The only problem I ever had with mine, well it stopped sewing right in the middle of a seam, I figured some thing real bad was wrong with it so I packed it away and got out another machine, took it in to be fixed and my Pfaff guy said well lets plug it in and see whats wrong with it, he did and it ran just fine! I said what did you do??? he said " I plugged it in!" LOL some how, maybe my cat loosened the cord and that was it, all fixed. Good luck with yours, wishing you many happy years with it~~~~~~~~~~~~