View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 01:36 PM
bbwalkup

Well, I don't know how deep you want to get into the art quilt world. But it is so much fun!!! I found in our town a Fiber Arts club I joined. Just a handful of women trying new products, techniques, gossiping. We've done few "quilts" but lots of projects. This month we made ATC's, last month was journal covers. Last year our on going project was a character. Each person started a doll or character and a journal for that doll, then handed it to the next person who added something and a page to the journal and so on till everyone had worked on each doll. It was just wonderful and fun.

Look into Quilting Arts Magazine, Mixed Media Exploration is a great book, try using "Fiber Arts" as a google search. Always remember that everything is a learning experience...and usually the screwups make the best projects or just the peice you were looking for.

Traditional quilting techniques are not needed for art quilts, but the basics of sewing are. And, of course, I can't sew a thing without having a bowl of M&M's to inspire me!!!

Good luck and have fun...if it ain't fun then there's no point in doing it.