Old 09-01-2012, 08:29 AM
starshine

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 View Post
I work in the Chrysler Building should have stopped by to say hello I have been to the City Quilter once. It is a nice shop although I love the quaint country shops better. I also have the fabric with the subway map on it, but I haven't made anything with it. What do you plan on making with your NYC fabric? Maybe I will pull it out and figure out what to do with it. Glad you enjoyed your trip to NYC. I haven't seen the 911 memorial yet. Not sure if I am ready for that but I have seen pics and it is beautiful! Would love to see pics of your visit!
I will try to connect next time I'm in NY. My daughter works with the group that built the High Line and I've been to see her a couple of times. She lives in Brooklyn and I have been to a small fabric store in Park Slope on Union St. called Fiber Notion. She has some nice fabrics, and also a little bit more $ than what fabric is at lqs here. I got a little bag of buttons this time, and used one on the back of the pincushion I made for Lori. I have not made it to City Quilter yet, but did order some fqs from CQ online last year, and used some in my older daughter's quilt, and plan to also use it in Brooklyn daughters quilt when I get to hers.
I was going to try to connect with K. but it didn't work out this time.