View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
suziehammond

Default Fun experiments

OK-- I am not quite done----poo! I kept thinking of other things I wanted to play at as I went along. It was fun but not conducive to meeting month end deadline. I bet several of you can relate.

So here is a quilt of our daughter's family dogs/cats. It is due for the couch in their TV room rather than my usual wall pieces.

The fun Play parts are as follows; The body was white cotton-green crayon and chicken wire. I'd never done crayon b4 and did several things with them, this one looked best here. Other crayon experiments will get used later of course.

The B&W pattern is printed off my printer. I have used a lot of Bubble Jet b4 and love it. The experiment here was this-- If you go online and search for 'QR code' you will discover that a QR code is a small B&W bar code type visual. This site will generate a visual code for anything you type in. (People put these codes on the front t-shirts. Towels, plastic stickers for shoes, coffee mugs etc. It is all great fun) So I typed in the names of the dogs & cats in the family, the QR generator made me a code which I repeated all over a page and printed to fabric. So the B&W is actually an 'in joke' of the names of the animals with a little of it used in each of the appliqued blocks.

Will show the whole finished Q when I get it done late in the w/e.

This was sure a fun month for me. Hope you guys all enjoyed yourselves.
Attached Thumbnails bruno-3.jpg