View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Gramie bj

Don't get rid of anything yet! Can you store some of the larger things? I had a problem like that and found out I could multi task some of my big things. I use a built in counter as a cutting table when not in uses just hang my cutting mat on the end of cabnet. Is your sewing table big enough to use for cutting or Ironing? Want to Iron? DH cut me a piece of light weight board 2X3 (fits on counter with room on both ends) I used batting and fabric to make my Ironing board when not in use fits behind door. 2 years latter I still have my cutting table in storage, almost forgot about it! Still have my Ironing board folded and sitting behind door with my 2X3 board hasn't moved sence it was put there. even use board on counter for cloths. I did get rid of storage boxes, DH made be a couple of cabnets with lots of room for my stash the doors have pegboard in the top half for hanging all my rullers, cutters ect. Easy to find and put away. good luck I know it can be frustrating to have no floor space to move in. I still have a large sewing table for my machine and a table that is for sitting at when I do hand work or when the grands come over to sew. but it is also a folding table that I can fold away when not in use. It also fits behine the door! LOL You would be suprised what you can hide behind a door that is never closed! Out of sight out of mind !