Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 AM
mhansen6

Originally Posted by amandasgramma View Post
Thanks, everyone ...........I felt blessed she trusted me with the quilt!!

Noisynana -- You are so funny!!! I have no idea how long it took, but I KNOW it was a very short time. Marie is a FAST sewer............seems it was only a month or two but she may have been doing it without my knowledge.
This quilt "Eldon" was the featured project at a quilt retreat I went to. Finding just the right fabrics took awhile. The pattern is supposed to be scrappy, but I wanted something different. Then it took me 2 whole days to cut all the pieces out. I think I got 4 of the stars and several of the log cabin blocks done at the retreat. At the time I was working full time so I worked on the quilt on the weekends. I listen to books on tape while quilting and I know I listened to the whole "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and the "Hobbit" while I finished it.

To those of you who want to make this quilt be warned that it has very few straight seams. It is nothing but Y seams. If you take on this pattern you will be an expert in Y seams when you are finished.

I loved how this quilt turned out. Dee's quilting is stunning. I plan on entering this quilt in the Sister's Quilt Show next summer. My first entry into a quilt show.

Thank you all for your kind words.

Marie