Thread: Quirky Habits
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:40 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
In Austin, TX there are millions of bats that live under a bridge downtown. At dusk every night they come flying out. It is quite a spectacle and hundreds of people are there every night to watch. If you are standing under their flight pattern, you get a shower from above. It's pretty gross to think about but they aren't at all scary. There is also a lesser known bridge in Round Rock with thousands of bats. It was easier for me to get to and parking wasn't a problem so I went a couple of times. I guess I'm not afraid of bats unless they are inside a building with me.
Yes, I know all about the bats in Austin. My DH use to live there & loves nothing more than telling me all about the bats... ewwwwwwwwwwww! I swear! I've lived in 6 different states & NEVER even saw a bat until I moved here to WI!

I can't decide right now... the water is on in the backyard. There are bats out there. Will it kill the yard to let the sprinkler run all night? I can't go out with the bats. I wonder if I could teach my dog to turn the hose on & off? Maybe if I tied a pork chop to the spigot or something?