View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Sambelina

The shop has blamed it on the cutting instructions they received from the pattern company. They are giving us the right size pieces, but not all the fabric for the items being constructed that month. For example, in month 2, the fabric for the floating border around the center medallion wasn't in the package. In month 3, we were to supposed to receive 18 different fabrics for the pinwheel border, but there were only 14 in the package. In month 4, we received the additional fabric for the pinwheels plus additional fabric for the 4-patch border constructed in month 2.

I knew there was a problem with the pinwheels, but I was unaware of the 4-patch problem and didn't know that fabric was coming because the email from the shop wasn't specific. These errors seem like they'd be pretty easy to spot while kitting the fabric if only someone checked it against the pattern being sent. I suspect the problem is really at the shop, but I have no way of knowing.

Thanks for your suggestion to let Sue know. I wasn't quite sure where I should be pushing this, but you're right ... she should know.