Thread: Antique Singer
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 04:12 AM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

My sweet, DH bought this for me over the weekend. Well, he had my aunt and uncle to get it for me...
It is a Singer 319W2. It was built between 1955-57. Singer has lost their records for a lot of their machines, and this was one of them, so I cannot get an exact date. They made this tan color, green, and the pretty black ones. The tan isn't a great color, especially compared to the black/gold ones, but I still think it's beautiful. I love it.

They didn't make many of these machines because most of the users found them to be complicated. I think this machine was way ahead of its time. It has a thread cutter, several discs/cartridges/cams that you put on front to make it do different stitces, built in levers for different stitches. It does over 60 in all! It does a ton of stuff! This one came with all the different feet in the original box. It works. I was having issues with the lower bobbin, but I think it was my fault. I didn't have it threaded correctly. It has its original owner's manual. I'm looking at the owner's manual thinking this machine has more functions that most average/basic machines have today! The foot pedal is attached inside the cabinet, and you "give it gas" with a lever with your knee.

The cabinet has a pull down drawer in front. It's in very nice condition. It wouldn't hurt to be refinished. It also has the stool. The top comes off for storage under it!

I guess this machine is really a work horse. I saw a You Tube video with a woman sewing through 5 layers of leather! I've read about how much it can sew at other various places.

This is going to be a wonderful addition to my new sewing room that my DH is building me. Remember that? It's getting closer to being finished. We are almost ready to start mudding the drywall. We are focusing on our son's room most, though. He needs it! We have the electric on now!

I haven't cleaned it, yet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51429[/ATTACH]

Isn't it beautiful!?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]51430[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-51429.jpe   attachment-51430.jpe