Old 09-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Krystyna
Swap Hosts

Default QAYG Patriotic Quilt by A Few Wonderful Quilt Board Members

A couple of months ago I learned that one of my favorite Joann employees was going to be deployed with the U.S. Air Force. I was so surprised and in admiration of this lovely young woman. As I looked down at the bundle of patriotic fabric in my arms an idea took root. I reached out to a few members of the Quilting Board and asked them to join me in making QAYG blocks for a send off quilt. Gorgeous blocks came in from all across the nation. It was such a moving tribute to the kindness of strangers in supporting our military. So ... with many thanks to each quilter ... here are the blocks and the quilt. I will be delivering it this afternoon and will get a photo of her with it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359855[/ATTACH]
Marked "Be Safe - Vestal, NY"

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359856[/ATTACH]

Cathy Antone, Paoli, Indiana

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359857[/ATTACH]

Debbie Moore - Tallahassee, Florida

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359858[/ATTACH]

Jeanette - Bakersfield, CA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359859[/ATTACH]

Judith Clark - Padukah, KY

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359861[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359862[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359863[/ATTACH]
Kristine Jensen - Austin, Minnesota

[ATTACH=CONFIG]359864[/ATTACH]

Kristine Jensen - Austin, Minnesota

MORE TO COME ... SO DON'T POST YET PLEASE!

Attached Thumbnails safe-vestal-ny.jpg   cathy-antone-paoli-.jpg   debbie-moore-tallahassee-fl.jpg   jeanette-bakersfield-ca.jpg   judith-clark-paducah-ky-2.jpg  

judith-clark-paducah-ky.jpg   judith-clark-padukah-ky-3.jpg   judith-clark-padukah-ky-4.jpg   kristine-jensen-austin-mn.2.jpg   kristine-jensen-austin-mn.jpg  

Last edited by Krystyna; 09-03-2012 at 06:58 AM.