View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 06:15 AM
KyKaren1949

I live in Kentucky! Kentucky is known for Barbecue and Burgoo as in a large black steaming kettle, our Bourbon is world known, They make the Corvette in Bowling Green, KY, The Louisville Slugger bat is made in Louisville, of course horses in the Bluegrass area with the Kentucky Horse Park, Mammoth Cave is in Cave City, Churchill Downs in Louisville, The Quilt Museum is in Paducah, Amish in Munfordville/Marion area, Kentucky Lake/Lake Barkeley, Buffalo once roamed our state, Sheep and Mutton dishes, corn, tobacco and soybeans are widely grown, The Ohio River is our northern border and the Mississippi River borders the western part of our state, University of Kentucky and Univeristy of Louisville Basketball, The Cardinal is our state bird, we raise cattle, hogs, sheep, the state is a large part agricultural so farmed fields would be good, we are a commonwealth instead of a state, Goldenrod is our state flower, Barn Quilts are everywhere in eastern KY and are growing fast in western KY where I live. black tobacco barns are found in KY and I don't believe anywhere else, Mohammed Ali is from Louisville (boxing gloves),etc. Hope this helps you out!! I sure do want to see your quilt when it's finished!!!