Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
chuckbere15

Default 7 Days From Start To Finish: Friendship Quilt

A friend from the campground that I have a seasonal site has been having serious health issues. I started this project on August 25 and finished on September 1. My friends and I at camp wanted to show him that we are thinking of him in his recovery. When researching for ideas of a friendship block that I could make to allow the everyone to sign I ran across this pattern. Two of my friends from guild helped me design a pattern to make this quilt. I went to my stash and picked out plaids and checkers in browns, greens, and blues. The first photo hanging from my lights at camp displaying the finished quilt top. The second photo showing the block. And the third photo is where I presented the quilt to Roger, the man with the cane, and his partner. The remainder of the weekend, I received compliments hand over fist on how wonderful and beautiful the quilt was. I set a personal best in finishing a project.[ATTACH=CONFIG]360176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]360177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]360179[/ATTACH]
Sorry about the quality of the photos, they were taken with an iPhone. And I don't have a close up of the quilting as I forgot to get that before I presented the quilt.
Attached Thumbnails sign_quilt_1.jpg   sign_quilt_2.jpg   sign_quilt_3.jpg