View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:42 AM
donna13350

I hope you enjoy your machine! Learn to sew without the foot pedal, just using the start/stop button..it will change your life! Not at all as hard to get used to as I thought..I am an old dog, and picked that new trick up very quickly! I have never even had my foot pedal out of the wrapper it came in!
I find that I can sit so much more comfortably when not having to use a foot pedal..really got rid of the neck and back pain...so I can sew longer...no more muscle aches and pains!
Another plus (for me, anyway)..is free motion quilting ...my stitches look so much better when I switched to no foot pedal sewing...I don't have to coordinate my hand and foot speed anymore..just set the slider to the speed that is comfortable for me, then all I have to worry about is my hands...it made a huge difference for me.
The computerized machines do have a few odd little quirks..but you get used to them quickly...error messages are usually nothing to panic about..99% of the time can be fixed by turning machine off and on again...usually caused by trying to start sewing with the presser foot raised, or lint in the bobbin...
they are pretty fussy about lint in their bobbin areas..so keep that clean! Foot pedal has to be raised to properly thread upper thread..
You will love the auto needle threader! Only trick to that is to have needle in highest position...great for older eyes! Also..you don't need to bring the thread to the top of the fabric before starting to sew! Just sew! Scary at first, but great time saver...
Happy Birthday! And have fun...you will love this machine, and wonder how you ever lived without it!