Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Kyiav10

Default Looking for info on this machine

Ok, I have been wanting a treadle sewing machine for a little while now. I have never seen one work in person, only on youtube. But I can finally say I have entered the ranks of having a vintage machine.

My maternal grandmothers, brothers wife inherited this machine from her mother. The aunt does not know if her mother was the original owner of the machine or if she inherited it from her mother or mother in law. I would love to know this information to keep with the machine! My Aunt does not sew nor does she have any immediate family that was interested in this machine. She heard that I was looking for one and gifted this to me. Does not want anything in return. But I made a small quilt for her that would be great as a table topper. Will mail it off to her this week with a thank you card for her generosity.

The machine has not been used in 20+ years. It needs a thorough cleaning. I am going to watch Mav's videos and see if I can handle the job on my own??? Should be fun, right!!????

The manual pictured says it is a 1889 Vibrating Shuttle No. 2 Singer. SR# 9036624. How do I find out more about this machine? Where do I run the serial number for the info.

Is there anyone that can tell me what this machine can do?? Will I be able to quilt with it?? Can I drop the feed dogs on it to do motion quilting?? Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!

Here are the pics, Kyia (Michele)
Attached Thumbnails treadle-1.jpg   treadle-2.jpg   treadle-feet.jpg   treadle-manual.jpg