Old 09-04-2012, 06:49 PM
blueheavenfla

Kyiav10
I am just about finished refurbishing this same machine with the same coffin top but a 5 drawer cabinet. Unfortunately, mine was missing the shuttle and the one that I purchased rubs just a bit so I have to look into that when time permits. We put a new leather belt on her yesterday but I fear we made it a bit too loose...we shall see...can always cut off a bit but can't add on if we cut off too much. I need to get a new tire for the bobbin winder. Don't know where my mind was when I ordered other parts but I have to get some parts for the 128 that I got a couple weeks ago and am working on now. When I get time to take photos of mine refurbished, I will post them but I have a pressing time limit on another project that must come first (a challenge quilt). I am really looking forward to sewing on my VS2. Isn't it funny that our machines are identical, along with the exact same coffin top. I got a puzzle box of attachments with mine but many are missing and the ruffler was the wrong one but it was broken anyway so ...
I had to replace the veneer on the top of the box and cabinet (it disintegrated into tiny pieces and a lot of dust) and have finished the staining and shellacking. It was exciting to finally get the machine in the cabinet yesterday. My husband stripped, primed and painted the iron and put gold paint on the Singer emblem on each side. It looks very stately now as should an elderly lady of her age. Glenn has posted really good instructions on refurbishing our lovely ladies. This is quite like the machine I learned to sew on about 65 years ago. Have fun working on your machine.
Donna