View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Lisanne

Just noticed a typo on my first post here. That should have been "fire truck," not "first truck."

Well, I drove through a school zone today and noticed that, as I approached it, there was a sign saying SPEED LIMIT 35. In the middle of the school zone, another sign said SPEED LIMIT 45. There was also a flasher light, which goes on at certain times, and when it's on, the speed limit is 15 mph until you reach the End School Zone sign. To, it's pretty clear that they aren't expecting you to go 20 mph there, not when there are two speed limit signs with much higher limits.

So that made me take another look at the website giving the test. Lo, and behold, it's not an official governmental or regulatory organization. It started as some guy's blog. The guy, Marcus Jain, lives in Port Angeles, Washington. Maybe these are the laws for his state. Gee, who do we know that lives in Port Angeles? Beverly, have you heard of this guy?

I'm not saying he or his group is a fraud, just that they're not official and maybe don't have all their facts checked.