Old 09-05-2012, 05:34 AM
CountryHouseQuilter

Irish....not setting myself up for failure, just needed to put a "face" on it. If I do it by Dec. 31st than that's AWESOME. If it takes me a little bit longer, I'm good with that too. I think hubby has started cutting back, I don't notice him going outside as much as he usually does.

And to keep myself on track I wrote down some diet quotes in pretty colors on nice paper. Then I took my iPhone and took pictures of them. I change them around at my "open" screen so if I ever need a little "push" I just hit the button and instant inpiration and reminder. I have "Ask yourself these questions: Do I really need it? Do I really want it? Will it help me get to my goal? One "no", PUT IT DOWN". "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". and a variety of others. I have my phone with me most all the time so it's easy to have a reminder with me for those "times".

We live out in the country, in the woods. My dogs roam, well, 2 roam, one has to be put on a line because he would head straight for the road (not a bright one, but loveable). And they eat anything. I like to keep a bucket at the sink to put my scraps in. After making homemade sauce I had a bucket full of tomato tops. DH went to dump them in the woods for me and the dog followed. He couldn't get him to come back in because he was eating tomato tops. Now DH makes them stay inside so he can "hide" the stuff from them. It's like a game....LOL. My old dog doesn't bother with it, but the puppy does. Our older dog is 13 and has some issues. Not sure how much longer I'll have him, but I love him so!!! He's been my buddy for 12 1/2 yrs, since my Bummer died. I'd had him for 7 yrs. and he got hit by a car. I missed him so much I spent a lot of time at the humane society. DH found Ray Lewis through a friend that was going to have him put down as they couldn't afford to keep him. He scooped him up and brought him home to surprise me, and he's been my buddy ever since. He's a pure bred Chocolate Lab. Roscoe came when Ray was about 6. He's an English Lab, saved from an abusive family. He was about 6 months when I got him. Loveable but not very bright - guess it's because he's English :-). Our latest edition, Flacco, is a Black Lab. He's almost 2 now. He was 6 weeks when he came here. He's DH's boy, but he loves me (don't tell DH). His brother from a litter before lives on the farm next to us. The are buddies and play and swim together in the creek every day.

Well, I've rambled enough. I have some things to take care of, a quilt to load on the longarm, and my Quilt group comes tonight at 6PM. Have an awesome day ladies!!!! Drink plenty of water, and eat healthy!!!!