Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Linsoblu

Boy! this really made me think of memories past. For years it was just my son and I so we wanted to make our own memories. So Christmas Eve was our night I would buy a small turkey to make and we would have nice dinner and open our gifts. One year I couldn't find a small turkey so I got this 19 lb one we had a great laugh when we were done eating it didn't even look like had. We had turkey for weeks. We always put the Christmas tree up about 2 weeks before my son would be so excited he's stand in front of it and flap his arms with joy. Well one year I told him if he couldn't behave the tree would be put away well the next morning I got up and the tree was down and packed in it's boxes. He wasn't going to make any promises. Christmas day was always at my mom's as was Thanksgiving. I still put up a Christmas tree only now it is done in memory of my son who loved the Christmas Holiday he passed away at the age of 26 years old 13 years ago now. I miss the family get together laughing, talking, playing games as my family lives in Minnesota and My second husband and I live in Wyoming, so it just the two of us on the Holidays.