Old 09-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Bluebell

Hi Muv.
Yes, the Vibra came with round shank needles. We got the shuttle cover plates off with a little 3 in 1 oil and a rubber hammer. I nearly died when I heard him tapping, but hubby is very careful. The shuttle works a treat and the reverse lever works. The machine stitches ok but I need a new rubber thingy on the bobbin winder as it's perished. Hubby is looking into giving it all a good oiling with proper sewing machine oil. We've downloaded instruction books from the internet for both machines. I ordered new bobbins and proper needles from Alex Askarov www.sewalot.com for the Singer 12, it also needs a new rubber thingy for the bobbin winder. The original appears to have melted all over the base.

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Hello Bluebell,

What a nice pair of machines! The Vibra is actually a Jones machine. If a company placed a large enough order with them they would put that company's name or brand name on the machines for them. Did it come with a packet of needles? Are they round shanked?

Don't tell the Americans how much we can find machines for. They might get jealous.