Old 09-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Bluebell

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Too bad I can't drive there. If it could be done, it would be too far a drive for me- plus the issue of gas prices.
You do have some lovely machines that are different from what is readily available here in the States.

Bluebell, those are very lovely machines, enjoy!
Thank for the comments on my new machines. I'm thrilled with them. I only went in to look at the Singer 12. The lady wanted £15 for it. She said would I like to look at the other Singer, but when she took the cover off I said "That's not a Singer" and she said I could have the pair for £20. My heart did a flip because I could see both machines didn't need too much work, I said I'd have them both and paid the money. Then I went to get the car and hurriedly got them loaded. I think my little machines have come home. I have them on the kitchen table and keep stroking them. I'm running out of thread on the No.12's only bobbin. Waiting for the new bobbins to come and need a new rubber thingy on the winder. Sigh! Each time hubby walks past, he has a look and a little fiddle. He's trying to keep me patient, but the excitement keeps bubbling over!