Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 AM
Bluebell

Originally Posted by Muv View Post
Hello Bluebell - the best person for supplies and advice is Helen Howes at www.helenhowes-sewingmachines.co.uk She doesn't mind if you email her questions. Alex Askarov charges for downloads for information which can be found elsewhere on the net. He charges a fiver to download his spiel on tension adjustment, whereas you can find it reproduced free on the Treadle On site. Also you can watch my vids. They are free too.
Hi Muv.
Thanks for the links. I have looked at them all. I had wondered how you got the black enamel to shine and was astounded that you just rub oil over it and polish with a soft cotton cloth. Good job I looked as both my machines are covered in decals. Someone has already had a go at the Vibra as some of the green and turquoise have gone down to silver....shame. Inside the base of the Vibra, one of the rubber pads that holds it level has worn away and it fits in the base on a tilt.Hubby is already thinking about that. He does lots of looking and thinking before he does anything......it can go on for days!!!! When he makes a start on anything, he makes a beautiful job of it. ....I'm just waiting with baited breath. I shall see if I can get a new rubber bobbin thingy for the Singer 12....if not, I expect he'll come up with something. I guess I can make a start on a bit of metal polishing.