Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 AM
Aurora

Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
I cut little tiny strips and use it to tape the end of the thread to the spool. Also do the same with bobbins. No tangling ends everywhere. I can't seem to remember to use the bottom snap thingy on those spools that come with them and I file off the "slit" in the spool so it doesn't catch the thread.

I also use it to tape down the topper stabilizer when embroidering.

I read somewhere years ago that a spool of thread should be placed on the machine with the nick on the bottom to insure that the thread feeds the machine smoothly. I am thinking it was in my Viking Instruction Book. It makes the thread feed from the left back side of the spool rather than the front right side. I do have fewer thread issues by threading the machine using this method and my thread never catches on that dreaded nick and it is still there to hold the thread securely when not in use. I also use removable reinforcements or round labels to hold the thread on my spools and bobbins. They remove easily, leave no residue, are not expensive, and a couple of sheets of them take up very little space.