View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:07 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I take my quilts to my LQS and she has several LAers that we select from. I always make sure my quilt is ironed and has no loose threads, I have the back sewed together and ironed (the LAers I use don't care which way my back seam goes) and I usually bring my wool batting or buy batting from the store. I always ask the shop owner for help in choosing who to use for each quilt. If it's custom, I use Tracy; if it's a pantogram, we go through the books from the different LAers and select a design that WE think will look good. I like input from the shop owner. She is really good at this part of the quilting and I always take her advice and have been extremely happy with the outcome. Maybe you have a LQS that you could go to and see if they use LAers to do their customers quilting. I usually fold my quilt top and back separately. I put the batting in the bag also. I buy bags at the dollar store that are cotton and have a pocket on the outside and work perfect for taking your quilt to the LAers.