View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:39 PM
margecam52

I say, to each his/her own. I tend towards traditional...but right now I'm doing a very scrappy KrazyQuilt type blocks. Nothing fancy...just using up scraps. I've embroidered centers for some, used fussy cut for centers on some...will be very different for sure. Do I like it? Though it's all colors I've used in previous projects...some of the colors are making it very hard for me to include them...so, to fix that...all are in a grocery bag (reusable one from store...cloth)...I reach in and pull out a piece...and it's used....very random!

Originally Posted by MonaMcC View Post
I love order, balance and color appeal. When I decorate I normally decorate symmetrically, every once in a while I'll go asymmetrical (sp?). When It comes to quilting, I was drawn to the perfect piecing, lines, angles and shapes of quilts. What do ya'll think of "Wonky" quilting? I think that's what they're called where a bunch of leftovers are laid out to fill up a certain size. It makes me think somebody just threw a bunch of leftovers together and sewed it all up instead of learning how to really piece them together. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here so, nicely please, educate me if it's really artistic or not. I am NO professional but just am in awe when I see a very intricately pieced quilt. THAT to me is real talent!