View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 AM
Wonnie

Default Wonnie

As the others have said, you sure don't need a $4000 machine. I have a bottom of the line Baby Lock for a $1000 that does everything I need plus it sews over bulky seams (Quilter's Choice), threads itself and cuts the thread when I'm finished. But, just recently, I received my monthly email from IKEA and they were advertising a sewing machine for $69.95. Well, I had to go look at it just for curiosity sake and, when I got there, found it to be only $59.95! It looks like a child's machine and is white plastic with Disney- like bright blue and yellow trim. Of course, I had to have it. Well, that little cutie sews 3 different straight stitches, 3 different zigzags and has 6 decorative stitches ( more than I need) and a buttonholer, is light weight and has a carrying handle and it sews like a little gem. So, long story short, you can find a great machine for far, far less than even $1000. Make a list of what you absolutely want and go from there. To me the higher priced machines often have features I would never in a million years use. Kind of like a washing machine that does everything but put the clothes away when all I want it to do is wash clean, rinse well and spin dry.

Last edited by Wonnie; 09-07-2012 at 04:59 AM. Reason: typed wrong dollar amount