View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Elisabrat

On the postal due issue: I know for a fact when I mailed out the fabric it was on the line of 45 and 65c overall. Mailing back however you have to consider a couple factors: sometimes you send a bit of scrap back with your block this is small but it weights something. THEN maybe a note, then when you sew a block you are adding bulk by seams/thread and the block never folds as thin as a flat piece of fabric. This means it can rarely be machined and hand cancelled is automatically 65 or more.. a lot of mine are over $1 to send back so you simply I think can not just toss them in the mailbox and assume a weight. IF YOUR POST OFFICE says its on the line go for the bigger cost.. a few cents is not much and if you have to mail a quarter to your recipient out of a need to make things right look how much extra it is with the cost of your new postage/envelope and time. So check double check and I think go for the bigger amount. Its a lot of money in the end but most of us are mailing one to three back at a time so its not horrible in little amounts like that and you end up not embarassed and your block more likely hand cancelled not mangled. just a thought. I have a mountain of those free of charge. off to make fraews block. I have the fabrics not a patterrn busy search morning.