View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 02:03 PM
bevster

[QUOTE=bevster;5497986] CHANGES - CHANGING WORDING OF MY QUESTION
I am making a a quilt that has a large block in the center, 52 x 60.5 unfinished, 51.5 X 60 finished. I want to make a On-Point" blocks in a border right next to the 62X60.5 unfinished large rectangle. I would use the traditional method of placing setting triangles in the 4 corners to make the block on-point.

I have no idea of how to figure what size blocks to make prior to sewing on the on-point triangles around the block, which make it On-Point. The center block is such an unusual size. The blocks would go all the way around the Center Rectangle. The blocks need to fit inside the 74X78 mark just prior to the drop off the sides of the bed, since I am going to place a 2.5 inch solid border right at the 74X79 mark. The mattress top is 76x80.

Question - Since I am not good with figuring this out, I have no idea what size "unfinished" blocks to make PRIOR to sewing on the on-point setting triangles? Also, I have no idea what the "unfinished" size of the block should be after I put on the on-point setting triangles.

See attached diagram of what I am speaking of, I hope this all makes sense. You can reply in a private message if you would like.