View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I am trying to find my nitch in binding. Me and binding don't go together. There isn't one aspect of it I like except the end result, when it's finished. So, if you will share with me what you like about binding, maybe it will get me to start binding. I have so many quilts to bind and no drive to do any of them. I want to start a new quilt, but I really need to bind these first. I want to like to bind really badly!

I'm with you the only thing I really like about binding is that when it's on the quilt is finally finished. I hate to do hand work and I have to on the binding, as I don't like the looks of sewing it finally down by machine. I can't get it to look good so I hand sew. However not that I have vetted some, I rean across a neat tool I purchased some time back and had forgotten about - the Quilter's Boot. for making the mitred corner on quilts and for other uses too. I decided I would try this on the two quilts that I need binding on, what a neat tool really works good. On one of the quilts I was using a 3" strip, that I had originally cut for a border on this quilt and didn't like it, but decided to use it for a binding instead, love how the 3" works and folds over better than the 2 1/2" or 2 1/4" I normally use. Also I read a thread on the board recently about some of the quilters not pressing their binding in half before sewing and how neat it folded over -- tried that on these two quilts love how it works and looks -thanks for the hint. I still don't like the hand sewingthough. You might invest in the quilter's boot and see how you like it. I couldn't remember where I purchased it, but then I searched a few sites and found it on Nancy's Notions.com for $7.99 -- worth every penny of it I might add. Have fun.