Old 09-07-2012, 06:42 PM
thepolyparrot

I've used that Threadart Bobbin thread for quilting and it's great - I used it in the bobbin and the needle. Being poly, it's very strong and I didn't have any problems stitching with it. I was making TINY designs on top of the seams in a log cabin quilt - the results were quite good, although hard to find. If I had made larger designs, they'd have shown up better. It's pretty shiny and you might not want that look for some things, but for other things, "shiny" works just great.

I sometimes use Bottom Line and Essential threads PRO in both the needle and the bobbin - those are fine poly threads, too - the Bottom Line is slightly glossy but it's not as shiny. The PRO is matte and just as strong as the others.

I use the ThreadArt 40wt embroidery thread for quilting sometimes, too - I like the shine for some things and they have some variegated colors that are just beautiful. They have frequent sales, so check their web site and sign up for their mailing list.

Edited to add pictures of the quilt/quilting - ThreadArt bobbin thread - black:
Attached Thumbnails rainbow06.jpg   rainbow07.jpg   rainbow04.jpg   rainbow05.jpg   rainbow01-2-.jpg  

Last edited by thepolyparrot; 09-07-2012 at 06:46 PM.