View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:04 AM
sewnbug

Default Estate sale find

Dh and I stopped at an estate sale yesterday and there was this old Singer machine in a cabinet there. I had just been reading on here that 201's are workhorses and I told dh I wonder if it's a 201? I opened a door an found the book-201! I fell in love with the machine, dh fell in love with the cabinet. They were asking $40, but they were taking offers. Since it's 2 weeks till payday for us, I didn't have much to work with, so offered $15. The lady said she'd take $20. Dh went out to back the car up to the door. In the meantime, I wanted to plug it in and see if it worked. The motor works, and hums along with the flywheel disengaged, but won't turn a thing with it engaged. I told her I think I'll pass, because I didn't want to have to pay to have it fixed. Dh came back in right about then and looked like we would like to throttle me, when the lady said would you give me $10 for it? Dh whipped out his wallet so fast and paid her. lol We are going to work on her this winter together. Good first retirement project dontcha think?
Attached Thumbnails 002.jpg   sewing-machined-004.jpg   sewing-machined-001.jpg   sewing-machined-003.jpg