View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:34 AM
ragquilter

Originally Posted by Tashana View Post
Look for a quilt rack on craiglist or garage sales. They can usually hold more than one large quilt. If you have baby quilts you can fold in third lengthwise and display quite a few. Quilt racks, especially the old ones, are very stable. I have a wrought iron rack used to display table mats and linen. It would be perfect. I got it from a store going out of business, I think, it was ages ago. I use it in the guest room for extra towels and of course a quilt. Good luck!
I do have a quilt rack and that might work for baby quilts. I have a white plastic 4 shelf rack in my sewing room that I might take to the shop. Now what to do with all the flannel blankets on it. I was thinking of decoupaging it so it doesn't look so plastic. I hate to spend more money on top of the rent in case it doesn't work out. I am only taking a small spot right inside a door opening and the shelf I have will fit there but the quilt rack could attack a little more attention if there is room for it too. If someone unfolds a quilt off a shelf maybe they would throw it back on the shelf instead of the floor. I could change the quilts on the quilt rack everyday because it is only 5 miles from my house. Thanks, I never thought about taking my quilt rack.