View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 12:28 PM
topstitch

Well, one aspect I can share is the self doubt I often feel as I put someones prize possession on my rails. I start every quilt with a prayer that goes: Dear Lord, please don't let me screw up this ladies quilt.

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I want to thank you all for not giving up when you first got your machine and felt you got in over your heads. I just read the "old" thread about how so many of us don't own long arms and I'm one of them. I send all mine out. I bought a long arm table with my regular machine (went together) but ended up selling it after I watched on YouTube how you put it together and then how you attached a quilt. After I saw all the work that went into attaching a quilt, I realize that long armers are very special people. There is so much work involved in quilting my quilts. I don't know anything about the work involved by the long armer. I always think of the LAer just doing feathers or something pretty, not the work of putting the quilt on the machine or any other aspect of it that I don't know about. Would any of you like to share some of the different aspects of long arming someone's quilt? And really, thank you all so much for you who quilt other people's quilts. You are a Godsend.