View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Judith1005

Jillnjo, I am totally enjoying the block swaps also. I am signing up to join the Monthly quilting bee swap also. I thought it would be fun. And, I truly love and enjoy the themed swap block swaps also. I just need to actually finish a quilt top from one of them. I'm working on my Good Ol' Summertime swap blocks right now. It's a lot like playing tetrus. I still have some moving around on them a little. (I also think I need to add in just a couple extra blocks.) But, I'm not sure yet.

Tam Moo, I thought about joining the row robin also. But, I really stress myself if I take on too much. So, I decided to save that for next year. But, You'll have to share the link for your group. I'd love to see how your row grows.

How are yall doing? Are you making progress with your centers. I will be pulling Yayaquilts center out next week to do a little sketching and decide on my border. I just LOVE red*white*blue. I made my son a patchwork RWB quilt for his bed. It was one of my first LARGE quilts. And, I quilted it and didn't even realize I'd put the backing bottom of the fabric on top. lol, It wouldn't have mattered if the fabric hadn't been directional. Yep, it was definitely a DOH' moment. Lesson learned. NO directional fabric for backings. lol It was all finished before I realized my mistake. (He loves it anyway.)

I promise, scouts honor, NO border shall be put on upside down. lol

Hope your all having a good weekend.