Old 09-08-2012, 08:36 PM
irishrose

[QUOTE=lauriejo;5500428]Well I was good today, kinda, sorta lol.

Had to smile at this. That's the story of my life. I was good for most of today, but I am a night time snacker. Tonight nothing tastes just right so I keep trying something else.

I know what a lot of my problem is, but not how to fix. Due to some new health issues, I have been able to do very little housework, nor have I wanted to. The clutter is getting out of hand. It's such a overwhelming task to do, I don't even start on the days I could. That is such a downer mentally. You feel bad because of the mess, then feel worse when you don't do anything about it. I've thought about getting a housekeeper for a while, but a) it's not in the budget and b) she couldn't do any decluttering - only I can. I guess I need to just start rehoming things. Not thinking "I might need it someday." Pitch the old magazines without going through them - that's a toughy - I love to read almost anything. Rehome most apparel fabrics. I have more clothes than I'll ever wear and now I prefer quilting. I did give away most of my 'school' clothes. And then there's the coats - How many coats does one person need? Anyone want to volunteer to be my 'mother' - though none of you are old enough? I think I'm the senior here. My two oldest daughters would love to take care of my problem, but I do want to keep a few things so that won't work, besides neither one has time. Okay, enough of that.

Congratulations, Laurie, on leaving the LQS without purchasing anything. I'm doing much better. I have walked out several times or bought just what I went for. I don't need anything for 'someday'. Someday is now! I did pick up a packaged batt at JoAnn's Thursday when I took my ex to Traverse City so now I have enough for a while. It's hard to not use the 40% off coupon when it's a 100 mile RT to go there. Trouble is, I'll be going back in a few weeks when I see the surgeon about my back. That is so scary and what does it mean for Lily and Moira? I can't board them for a few months at $24 to $30 a day and I doubt that I will be able to care for them. I won't be able to rehome 7 and 5 year strays. I need a temporary foster home if there is such a thing around here. When I know what's going on I'll call the no kill rescue in the next county and see if all their fosters are full.

My dinner was very good. Rice and black beans with some low sodium taco seasoning. A little cheese and light sour cream and it was very good. Oh, and the never ending tomatoes from the garden. Actually it's in the 40s again tonight so who knows how long I'll have tomatoes.

Gail, I wish we had a dog park. If I state or city has a leashed dog law, then they should provide somewhere well behaved dogs can run free. I saw a nice one, though small, in Manistee this summer. 100 mile RT to visit a dog park? Hmmm. What kind of dog is Jasper?

No FMQ today, but it's crunch time now. The shower is next Sunday and I have somewhere I need to be almost every day this week , plus I need to cook on Saturday, so I'd better get busy outlining those circles. My youngest daughter called today - wanted to know when I wanted her chicken salad. "UH, Laura, the shower is next Sunday, not the day after tomorrow." Her boys will be eating chicken salad this week and she can start over. Yes, she's blonde, but don't tell her I said that. She hates blonde jokes with a passion.

Time to tell y'all good night. Thank you for listening. Our lives do impact our weight so feel free to share any thoughts you wish.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 09-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.