View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Anastasia

Ok well I didn't feel like leaving the sanctuary of the couch-that-might-float-away so I did what my FQ swapper suggested and made a stuffed pumpkin from the fabric she sent me. Gonna give it to my secret pal swap partner, along with some gnomies. I was gonna make a mushroom pincushion but I don't have the right color felt and too broke to do it. Maybe I'll make a brown and white mushroom. Still could happen, I'm wide awake and vigilant on this couch. It's sneaky. It makes you fall asleep into a nap then runs off and gets itself into trouble. My partner collects pincushions so maybe they'll be happy with 2. She wanted something homemade.. guess that works. So that counts as sewing for the day. I did get up long enough to walk 2 ft to the cutting board and draw out a template for a block that will be made from the puzzle piece fabric that I'm too lazy to look to see who sent it. And I matched up some fabrics for another project for my swap partner. Gonna work on that tomorrow, and maybe the gnomes. In the meantime I have a giant pile of fabric scraps all over my floor now (new inheritance) that I should probably pick up and put away. Anyways. I got a ton of homework done so I can sew tomorrow without worries. I'll make you some blocks Jaba if you send me the stuff. Also, I'm not a good teacher, just a good do-er.

So.. yea.. here's a pumpkin. First try, kinda suck at this, mostly cause well, my knot kept slipping through when I tried to tighten it down so I used up too much of my thread trying to get the top to stay shut, that I ran out when I was trying to make the segments.. and well I can't cut a very appealing.. viney top thing? it'll do
[ATTACH=CONFIG]361402[/ATTACH]

It's too darned quiet! We are like the quietest group.. this is why I yabber on and on... to hear noise (see noise?)
Attached Thumbnails img_20120908_233625.jpg