View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:10 PM
TThomas19

Talking Saying Hi from Los Angeles and WA State!

Hi all! Glad to have joined this group! I've sewn pretty much my whole life but quilting is new to me. My mom is a master and has a long arm.. she's really amazing so I have a long way to go to fill her shoes... but sharing this passion with her is so rewarding.. I love the early morning phone calls over coffee where we pour through the latest quilting catalogs or when we discuss a new design or challenge we are faced with!

I DO have a question (actually 2 but I'll post the other one in the main section).. Does anyone here travel back and forth between two houses? ie snowbird like? I live in Los Angeles and in the Pacific Northwest. My sewing room is really up north but I end up doing a lot of sewing in LA.. I don't have room for a fabric stash/all tools etc so I end up planning out my projects and bringing them down but invariably forget something or run into a "boy, I wish I had my....". Are there those of us who are lucky enough to have TWO sewing rooms with everything we need??? Is there a trick to the shuffle back and forth that I'm missing?

Best to all.... Tracy