Old 09-09-2012, 03:12 AM
irishphoenix

Default New Embroidery machine-Please help with advice!

Hi all, My brain is turned to mush and I posted this enquiry on the wrong thread..so here goes. Can anyone help with advice..
My DH is buying me an embroidery machine (Woohoo!) my first one. I have the Janome 7700 for quilting which is amazing.
Our dealer stocks a few machines but I dont know which one is best or most reliable.
I have a choice of janome 200, the 350 (Bigger hoop size and more features, with all the ports but no desgn software), the Viking 600E with Auto punch software ( its a dual machine, do I really need this?) and he also has an Elna 8300
I am kinda torn between the Vking and the Janome 350- havn't seen them yet and have been trying to sort out all the specs this weekend before I head to the store. If I go with the Janome I wont be able to afford the Janome Designer software, but will be able to get the Embird which doesnt look bad.
i was wondering if you have you any thoughts on either of these machines? The hoop size is 10" on the Viking and 8" approx on the Janome. I was also interested in doing a split design at some stage for a central piece on a quilt- one design broken into 4 pieces and hooped seperately, 4 times? I dont know if the Janome has that capability or if the design software takes care of it.
Phew!! Anyway thanks for looking at my post, and I would be really grateful for any help.
Lois