View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:08 AM
romanojg

To irishphoenix; I have 3 Vikings and love them; two of them are embroidery machines. I agree with those saying get the largest hoops that you can afford. I've had my Ruby for a yr now and just this weekend was the first time I've ever used the 4x4 hoop that most have and I've only used the 5x7 a couple of times. This is escpecially true since you are wanting to add it to your quilting; you will need a larger hoop for this. Getting software with it is great; I've read on here from alot who have no software and it leaves them hanging not sure how to view thier designs or do anything else. I know that Viking has great classes too. I go every month and learn new things. I love the cutwork needles for the Viking too. I think Janomes are good; I only have one issue with my one is that it has an issue when it goes over seams like HST or butted up seams, I have to tug them along. Other than that its good. Having a machine that is multi function like doing sewing and embroidery is great because you always have a back up. None of my Vikings are picky on thread either and Ive never had to adjust the tension since I got my Ruby. Congratulations on having a kind husband to get you such a great gift and enjoy.