View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 06:57 AM
callie8799

Default Looking for Pattern suggestions...

Hi everyone!
Earlier this year, I picked up a packet of fabric for I just love the design- still do. It is, in my opinion, aptly called "Happy" by Jennifer Heynan for In The Beginning Fabrics. I will try to post a link to a site where you can view pictures of the fabric, at the end. I also picked up a Jelly Roll of bright, solid fabrics from Moda to go with it. I am so looking forward to working with it (silly, but it puts a smile on my face when I see it) BUT I don't know what pattern to use. As I searched the web for any pix of quilts using it, I found one- but not crazy about it for you don't see the whimsical drawings in the fabric- just the design created by sewing fabric together. My original thought was to cut each fabric into squares and attach the bright solid fabric as a picture frame. I was thinking 5" squares or 5.5" squares. any other ideas? I've been doing this for awhile, but have been sticking with squares, rectangles and triangle- never worked with anything circular yet.

My goal: I want to showcase the whimsical drawings so they are the focus of the quilt and not the geometric design of blocks.

Here is the web addy-
http://www.inthebeginningfabrics.com...i?product=hppy

Thank you, in advance, for any & all ideas!
Debbie