Old 09-09-2012, 11:11 AM
lswan

Originally Posted by breezyquilts View Post
In the guild I belong to we do a lot of strip quilts on the diagonal, you can then put them together in different ways or you can cut them in half and have a whole new design element.
Are there any quilt guilds near you? We get too many donations of fabric that we cannot use. We are not accepting any at this time because we don't have storage for it all. We had a yardage sale and made over $600 and sold the fabric for $1 a yard!! You might check with them to see if they are willing to pass the fabric along to you. Advertising on Craigs list for fabric donations for your cause is another way? Perhaps??
I think what you are doing is fabulous!!! :^)
Martha,
I guess Buffalo, NY is a different animal. I do search on Craig's list for fabric and have had just one hit and it turned out to be overpriced scraps! My guild does small quilts that it donates to hospitals, but these quilts I make are for specific people that are referred to me. I provide the quilt, bag, book and a card especially for them. Some of you wonderful people have offered me fabric for shipping cost and the overwhelming flood of pattern ideas are stunning. You know, you could search single handed and not know how someone works out, but when people offer what has worked for them, it is extra special and workable. Thanks!
Linda, with gratitude