Thread: Hi Ya'll :)
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Shana

Default Hi Ya'll :)

Hi!

I'm Shana (Sh-Ann-Nah) I have very fond memories of playing under my Grandmother's quilting frame, and have managed to teach myself the basics.

I share a home in North East Texas with my younger sister and our 13 dogs & 2 cats. No the dogs aren't all ours We work with a giant breed dog rescue and most of them are foster dogs!

I recently lost my job, so I'm taking this time off as a chance to improve my skills I taught myself to machine applique, and I am currently working on Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam Wall Hangings for a fundraiser for the dog rescue.

I desperately want to take a class or join a guild to figure out what I'm doing wrong, and why I struggle so badly with matching points! Unfortunately there is only so much you can teach yourself! I started my fabric closet in high school and it gets a little bigger with every sale at Hancock's lol

I've done a dozen or so crib quilts, and several full size rag quilts. I've got a sunbonnet sue queen size top that I need to quilt, but just haven't had the nerve to attempt yet and I still sleep under my first 9-patch queen size quilt that I tied in High School lol

I just bought a big portion of the estate of a major Jill of all Crafts, including a beautiful Grace Quilt frame with a partially finished whole-cloth quilt already on it. I got dozens of new pattern books, kits of the month and templates. Can't wait to start using all of it!!

I look forward to getting to know ya'll and learning new things

Shana