Old 09-09-2012, 02:20 PM
miriam
Power Poster

You give Ray a big hug and then keep him up all night partying... LOL
Tell him I'm messing with treadles - I just spiffed up a Wheeler and Wilson - pretty nice machine - missing a throat plate though. Found a lot of coolness in the drawers. And I picked up a little Minnesota treadle - very nice condition - lousy decals. I've been trying to come up with irons - picking up as junky treadle machines as I can find - then I go and work on them and they work - go figure - I don't think you can kill a treadle machine unless you are really trying. I also picked up an Elna SU - it works but the foot control is cracked clean across and it didn't have any accessories.

I picked up a 15 clone the other day - in the ad, the motor worked but the machine didn't turn. I was expecting the clutch to be turned or something. Well this one was rocket science... It was MISSING the belt. So I put a belt on and plugged it in and the motor went like crazy. This one has borrowed Kenmore motor, plug and control so I have to sort that one out - it isn't like the average clone set up.