View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:17 AM
Elisabrat

if only I could be so lucky to make such a pretty block. I see tiny triangles and I... run. I am looking for the bumps. I have tried to iron those out with horrible luck I might add. Only way to solve that is to open up that seam press while open then resew. Dont try spray starch unless you want to make them ten times more bumpy .. no never tried that hear. or steam, yeah never tried that here. WHAT I DID DISCOVER is how to finally get rid of those stupid fold lines that are showing up all over in the fabric I get. I take a damp paper towel and lay it over the fabric and then put the hot iron on top til the paper is dry and woala its now an unwrinkled fabric. i was not getting out spray of any kind after those lumpy experiences. (sorry to those who got them). AND its a lesson not a mistake Anastasia. thats all. quilting itself takes a lot of that out or distracts the eye anyways so it doesnt show (as much).. especially if a non quilter looks at it. We just are super hard on ourselves right guys? say yes please

ok off to start sewing, its 6:14 and its MY GREAT DAY, company coming tonight (oh joy) and then my daughter and her boy are coming for four days from Eugene, OR and will want tons of attention so not sure how much sewing I can do while they are here.. oh go wine tasting honest its fun... oops sorry the door hit you, oh oh go zip lining and see those caverns its great! oh here is some money go get picnic stuff and hike and swim up at the lake.. anyone see a theme here? any other good ideas? go play? let momma play too ? I cant keep up with 21 yr old energy and have no desire to try either let the games begin!