Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 AM
romanojg

I love rag quilts. I think one reason is that before I made my first one I went to the LQS and tried out the Accuquilt rag die to make sure it was woth buying or cause me more issues keeping those little slits of fabric out of the way. Well, I got the cutter and it makes life so much easier. I also have a square die cutter the same size that I need my batting to be cut so I can do it all. What I like to do is I'll pick up flannel and then sit down and make up alot of blocks, quilted and ready to go. I store them in a tote and when I need a fast quilt I pull out the color/designs I need and within a few hours I'll have one done. The only reason it takes a few hours is because I get so picky at picking out just the right colors and placement of squares. Sometimes I applique something on the back side so that it is a two sided quilt which is great for a small child. The next one I'll do is instead of making the X in the middle I'll use my embroidery machine and put a design on it for the quilting part. If the slits you cut get in the way you can use the blue painters tape to hold them down out of the way. Then I always wash them first so that the person getting it won't think their quilt is coming apart. At the quilt show someone did one and made it into the shape of a turtle; that was nice.