View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Shana

That looks like the description I heard of a quilt called "Garden of David" or "Milk & Honey". I've never been able to find it in a book or online. About 10 years ago I was traveling for work, and ended up spending a very long afternoon in a small airport in New Jersey. A very nice lady and I started talking about hand crafts & quilting, we were both crocheting since post 9/11 knitting needles weren't allowed back yet. We were talking about quilts previous generations has made, and she described that quilt or something very similar to it, as a quilt her mother did as a memorial quilt after WWII. Although inside the Star of David she had embroidered the names of family and friends who didn't make it through the war. She called it the "Jewish version of an English Garden" since it was all applique and hand piecing. I loved the idea of it, as I was working for a Jewish family and was learning about all things Judaica, so I wrote about it in my quilting idea book and I've looked for years and never found a reference for it or a picture! I would to know more or what it's real name is!!!