View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:59 AM
jj1150

Default How Many Quilts Have You Made?????

I have recently made 3 rag quilts (love 'em ~ soooo quick & easy) .... and really need to (re)learn how to to finish the proper way!!! Yikes ... the learning curve!!!

And about 30 yrs. ago when I did quilting, I hand-pieced a queen size drunkard's path (and then just tied it); and quilted about 5 baby quilts. And it seems I have forgotten *how* to do the sashes/bindings/sandwiching, etc., etc., etc.

OK, and so I have found a really neat quilting site, called: www.jaybirdquilts.com ~ and I am absolutely loving her quilting/style. And either on her website (or elsewhere), I read where she has made 200 quilts. And I thought, WOW ~ 200 quilts .... that is a LOT of quilts to have made in about 10 years (I think she said she had been quilting about that long). And she is a relatively young gal too.

And also, on this board, one of the members said they had made 300 quilts.

And I am in awe of someone making 200 and 300 quilts!!! Wow ... what an accomplishment that is. I have patterns/fabric going thru my head and have like maybe 15 patterns I would like to try!!!

SO, how many quilts have YOU made??? And when you started this hobby, did you ever imagine yourself making that many???

Just curious .... but sure hoping to hear everyone's responses

jody