View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 11:52 AM
mike'sgirl

Default question about your quilt guild

I was a member of a guild in Texas before I moved. Now I am a member here. I am a little disappointed in this guild and am considering looking into trying out another. We don't seem to DO anything. One month we did have a Round Robin of sorts, where a few of the ladies had a demo to make a certain item or a block. Another month we had a store where members could bring things to sell. That was fun. I did get a lot of fabric for good prices.
Since then we haven't done much. The library lady doesn't come very often ( I joined in Feb. and she has been there about 4 times.)
We had a young women come talk about her new quilt store and that was the program. Another lady did the same about her business.
I would love to learn new things. I KNOW that there is an abundance of knowledge amongst these ladies and would love to learn from them.
The lady who organizes classes, usually has them on Sat or Sundays, and I have done 1 class. But I don't always have a weekend to go to a class. I drive an hour to this guild and would like to get something out of it.
At my old guild we had someone teach us something at almost every meeting and we had a charity sew about 3 times a year where we all brought our machines and sewed together. It was so much fun.
What do you all do at your guild meetings? I am sorry if I sound whiny. I don't mean to, I guess I just miss my old guild.