Old 09-10-2012, 12:02 PM
irishphoenix

Hi everyone- thanks for all your help..yes, there seems to be such a big learning curve with embroidery machines. So far I havn't really got to grips with the software although have found out that many folk have the Embird software. The idea of buying in parts seems really good so you can get what you want as you go along.

I think , I am really concerned about having a really reliable machine that lasts past its warranty if that is possible but of course I want all the added functionality as well like a big hoop size and easy use, like you suggested Jemma. But cant afford the really big machines. Seems like a few people have said they started off with a small hoop only machine and then as you get into the embroidery more, there is no chance of getting a bigger hoop. So that's why I am spending quite a bit of time trying to plan for everything before I go trry them out.

My one reservation about the Viking, is that they have been taken over by Singer, and just my opinion, Singer are not the brand that they used to be. When they break down, like jlm said, that is the worry. Having to send it back to Washington after all the time spent trying to get it repaired is just awful.

Pieces, that is really good advice about the extra costs after purchasing the machine, in the threads, stabiliser, and everything, so I have to make sure I do the math as well. I ahdnt thought of that!!
So thanks everyone!...I will let you know what happens.

Last edited by irishphoenix; 09-10-2012 at 12:05 PM.