Old 09-10-2012, 04:17 PM
x7lillies

Originally Posted by M.I.Late View Post
MTS has the best idea here - however I would paint it a nice color rather than that stark white. Should totally break down and is light weight enough for you to tote around. Just tie it all together so it's easier to carry. Good luck at the show.
I was actually thinking of making it slightly narrower than the quilt, maybe by a couple of inches. Then I'll make the hanging sleeve (just basted on) slightly short as well. That way, when I hang the quilt, it should cover the sides of the pvc rack. And the "bars" on the ground shouldn't be a problem, since, well, they're on the ground I like the link that MTS posted, but I'm a little skeptical about it holding shape and not leaning to one side once a queen sized quilt is on it. I mean...it's heavy! I suppose pvc is pretty sturdy, though. As a plumber's daughter, I am well-acquainted with pvc and pipe fittings. So I guess putting it together wouldn't be so hard! Also, I think I can get a 7.25' pipe in my car with the back seat folded down to the trunk...maybe I'll also have to fold down the front seat. Or maybe I'll borrow DH's larger car